We inspire children to be curious, love learning, and participate in their communities.
We envision a school community in which students, teachers, staff and parents:
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively to accomplish our mission
- Commit to clear and measurable academic learning targets
- Treat each other with respect and kindness
- Respect individual differences
- Celebrate effort and achievement
- Identify clear and measurable learning targets and help students and parents understand how the learning targets will be taught and measured.
- Use varied and balanced assessments to guide our instruction.
- Provide additional and timely instruction until students become proficient. We will extend learning for students who are proficient.
- Teach students our schoolwide expectations and acknowledge students for learning and playing cooperatively.
- Foster individual student responsibility by teaching problem solving skills and by providing opportunities for students to make responsible choices and develop leadership skills.
- Help students set individual learning goals, monitor their progress, and celebrate their achievements.
- Model lifelong learning through reflection, adaptation, and professional growth.
- Communicate frequently with parents so together, we can ensure all students meet or exceed our learning targets.